2718-550 | Hydraulic Grip Pump
The Instron 2718-550 hydraulic grip pump is designed for continuous 24/7 operation in manual and automated testing systems in industrial environments.
It can be configured to provide a maximum pressure of 207 bar (3000 PSI for use with wedge grips), or alternatively 138 bar (1900 PSI) for use with side acting grips. The unit incorporates two analogue pressure gauges, that are easily visible to the operator from the front of the pump.
The 2718-550 pump is configured to operate with a two stage flow speed, with a higher flow rate up to 69bar (1000psi) to increase productivity. Once clamping the specimen the pressure will then increase to the full pressure at the slower flow rate.
Principle of Operation
The 2718-550 hydraulic grip pump is activated by a footswitch, while a handset provides close/open functionality of each grip independently. The gripping pressure is easily configured by an electrical adjustment knob located on the front of the pump.
Features and Benefits
- Dual Stage gripping pressure - improving operator safety & preventing specimen damage while reducing closing time
- Easy to use grip control handset
- Meets CE, CSA & UL requirements
- Long service life with minimal maintenance required
- Hose whip restraint system - to ensure operator safety in cases of hose failure
- Upper & Lower grips can be closed/opened independently
- 2 Wheels make maneuvering simple
- Quiet operation minimizes operator discomfort - Less than 65 dB at full pressure
- 3um Filter - Preventing damage to pump or grip components from dirt/debris
- Easily visible sight glass to check oil level & condition
|Grip Type||Static Load Capacity||Catalog No.|
|Advanced Hydraulic Wedge Action Grips||±130 kN||2743-401|
|Advanced Hydraulic Wedge Action Grips||±312 kN||2742-501|
|Advanced Hydraulic Wedge Action Grips||±600 kN||2742-601|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Action Grips||250 kN||W-5450|
|Hydraulic Dual Side Action Grips||600 kN||W-5420|